Friday, April 17, 2009

Drained

Today I had to retake the glucose test. They woke me at 6am and pricked my thumb to get some blood. I don't want to sound like a wimp, but it stung! Then I had to drink the orange Fanta drink again. I figured that was all, but no, there was more. First of all, this version of the drink was double the yuckiness. It was so sugary that really made me want to throw up. I couldn't eat anything for three hours, and I had to keep it down for three hours too. It was a struggle, but I made it.

Then they surprised me with the fun news that I was going to have three blood tests, one every hour. They drew blood from the top of each hand and then my arm. Feeling a bit like a pin cushion, I was relieved when it was all over.

The Cub has been kicking all day long, this makes for a very tired G. It must be all the sugar I had to drink this morning. He's finally calmed down, I'm sure he wore himself out!

Dinner tonight is filet mignon with baked potato....we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment