Our trip to Phoenix was so much fun. Well, except t for the fact that the Cardinals lost. Boo. But other than that, it was an awesome two days. We arrived on Saturday and checked into our hotel, Hyatt Place. It’s was so nice. We had a little living room area in our room and a huge flat screen TV. Oh, and a free breakfast the next morning. Definitely my kind of hotel. And the best part? We scored it on Hotwire for $70!
I decided to scrap the one on one lunch with Moe since I knew she was nervous about it. She suggested that Rob join us so that’s what we did. I kept it way more light too. No need to dive right into the heavy stuff. We met up with Moe for lunch at 1pm and I’ll be honest, I was a little nervous. But as soon as I saw her, it was fine. Everything went really well and the three of us got along great, just as we always ddi. After lunch we went over to her apartment so Rob could hook up her TV and once again, felt like old times. It was nice to see her and know that we can be in the same room together without there being tension.
Later that night we met up with Melissa and her husband Mark. I’ve known Melissa since she was 14 and I was 16. She was Dimitri’s girlfriend back in the day, when he was 18. Yea, you read that right. Crazy huh? Her and I were really good friends, since we were close in age. We’d hang out together all the time, and after D and her broke up, we stayed closed for many years. We’d party all night and always have the best time. I’m not sure how we lost contact, I guess those types of things just happen.
We hadn’t seen each other in probably over 10 years so it was so great to catch up. She is so awesome and her husband is too. The guys totally hit it off, and the fact that he’s a die-hard Cardinals fan didn’t hurt things either. They live in Orange County but were out there for the football game like us. We ended up having such a fun night, catching up and hanging out until the wee hours of the morning. She really is one of those friends that you can go a lifetime without seeing and when you finally meet up, it’s like no time has passed at all. Now that we have reconnected, I’m looking forward to staying in touch and hanging out again soon.
The next morning we got up early, around 8:30am. I was dead tired, having gone to be bed only 5 hours earlier, but excited for the game. We had some breakfast, checked out of the hotel and made our way to the stadium. As time went on, I realized that I was little hung over. Oppsie. I guess 8 beers and 2 shots will do that. Quick stop for some Advil and a bottle of water and I started to feel better.
I cannot get over how many Steelers fans there was at the game. I think we may have been out numbered in our own stadium. They played great and we played not so great, so the result was a loss. But it was still fun to go and experience a live game.
We headed back to the airport right after the game ended to catch our flight. I was exhausted and ready to get back to my baby boy. He spent the weekend with Tina and Jorge so I know he had a blast. We got home just a little before 9pm and I was ready to crawl into bed and pass out. I’m really glad we went and were able to spend a weekend together out of town. Next up is San Diego next month to see Jason Mraz! YAY!
I decided to scrap the one on one lunch with Moe since I knew she was nervous about it. She suggested that Rob join us so that’s what we did. I kept it way more light too. No need to dive right into the heavy stuff. We met up with Moe for lunch at 1pm and I’ll be honest, I was a little nervous. But as soon as I saw her, it was fine. Everything went really well and the three of us got along great, just as we always ddi. After lunch we went over to her apartment so Rob could hook up her TV and once again, felt like old times. It was nice to see her and know that we can be in the same room together without there being tension.
Later that night we met up with Melissa and her husband Mark. I’ve known Melissa since she was 14 and I was 16. She was Dimitri’s girlfriend back in the day, when he was 18. Yea, you read that right. Crazy huh? Her and I were really good friends, since we were close in age. We’d hang out together all the time, and after D and her broke up, we stayed closed for many years. We’d party all night and always have the best time. I’m not sure how we lost contact, I guess those types of things just happen.
We hadn’t seen each other in probably over 10 years so it was so great to catch up. She is so awesome and her husband is too. The guys totally hit it off, and the fact that he’s a die-hard Cardinals fan didn’t hurt things either. They live in Orange County but were out there for the football game like us. We ended up having such a fun night, catching up and hanging out until the wee hours of the morning. She really is one of those friends that you can go a lifetime without seeing and when you finally meet up, it’s like no time has passed at all. Now that we have reconnected, I’m looking forward to staying in touch and hanging out again soon.
The next morning we got up early, around 8:30am. I was dead tired, having gone to be bed only 5 hours earlier, but excited for the game. We had some breakfast, checked out of the hotel and made our way to the stadium. As time went on, I realized that I was little hung over. Oppsie. I guess 8 beers and 2 shots will do that. Quick stop for some Advil and a bottle of water and I started to feel better.
I cannot get over how many Steelers fans there was at the game. I think we may have been out numbered in our own stadium. They played great and we played not so great, so the result was a loss. But it was still fun to go and experience a live game.
We headed back to the airport right after the game ended to catch our flight. I was exhausted and ready to get back to my baby boy. He spent the weekend with Tina and Jorge so I know he had a blast. We got home just a little before 9pm and I was ready to crawl into bed and pass out. I’m really glad we went and were able to spend a weekend together out of town. Next up is San Diego next month to see Jason Mraz! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment