Sorry for the lapse in writing, but it's for a great reason. I got paroled from Hoag! Yay! I got measured on Wednesday and I was still at .9cm so on Thursday I got released!!! It was a great feeling! Rob got there about 4pm, the nurse brought in the wheelchair, I settled in and off we went. I can't even begin to describe the ecstasy that was fresh air on my face. Oh wow. Amazing. I couldn't stop smiling...it felt like seeing everything again for the first time. Yea, I know thats a smidge dramatic, but I don't care. More big news, I hit the 32 week mark! Yay!!! I'm so happy that we made it this far, and that Cub is hanging in there like a good boy. I have an appointment with Dr. Diaz next week for a check up and then the following week to get remeasured. I feel like it's getting close to go time because the baby is so low and I'm feeling all kinds of aches and pains that I wasn't before. He's kicking a whole lot more, my hips and joints are super sore and I'm getting the lovely back ache that I haven't had this whole time. My goal is to make it to 37 weeks. Yes, I know it's a lofty aspiration, but I figure go big or go home. I think if I make it to 34 weeks I will be on modified bed rest instead of strict bed rest. The difference is being able to get up and move around here and there. Of course that raises the chances of Cub coming sooner, but I figured, when it's time, he'll make his appearance.
Now that I'm home, I have to admit it's much tougher to be on bed rest. I just want to get out of bed and organize things, do laundry etc. Don't worry, I'm not doing that, I'm just saying that the urge is very strong. In the hospital, it's sort of out of sight, out of mind. There was nothing to do but sit in my hospital bed and pass the time by working or watching tv. Now that I'm out, the things I want to do are all around me. It's somewhat more upsetting because I can hear people outside with their music blasting getting ready to go somewhere. Anywhere. In the hospital I'm pretty much isolated so there aren't as many reminders of all the things I can't do.
That being said, I'm MUCH rather be home then at Hoag. Being able to sleep in my own bed, next to Rob, is the best feeling ever. Being home with the puppies and kitties makes me happy. I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything that still needs to be done before the baby gets here. I thought for a while that it wasn't all that important if we waited to put the nursery together until after Cubby was born, but I have realized that's not entirely true. There have been so many ups and downs with this pregnancy, it would be really nice to have something fun to focus on. The catch is, of course, that I can't do anything to get the nursery ready...ugh! I kind of felt like that's part of being a soon to be mom. A right of passage if you will. You're carrying this baby for nine months, one of the perks is getting to be hands on in getting the nursery ready.
But ok, I can't, wah wah, I need to get over it. This is me getting over it..........*deep breath*.....ok, I'm over it. Instead I'm going to enlist the help of my Mom, Lexi and Rob to transform the "spare room full of boxes" into "Cubby's Kick Ass Nursery." Yes, that's the official name. I think it will be awesome to be able to peek into the room and see it all ready for our son to be here. Not that I dont believe it already, but it will really make everything real. A crib, little tiny clothes hung up, diapers stacked up....yea, I think it's time.
AH! Can't wait!! it's going to be so much fun.. and you can sit back and order us around :) see you saturday babes xoxo
ReplyDelete-Lexi