Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Foods


Dom loves to eat fruits and veggies, but when it comes to his main course, he’s become somewhat picky. Ok, maybe not picky, but he wants the same thing every time, Either mac n cheese or turkey dogs. I can totally understand why. I’m the same way. To this day, I still order the same thing at whatever restaurant I go to. Red Robin? Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich. Rubys? Cheeseburger with low fat American and grilled onions. Mimi’s Café? Asian Chicken Salad. You get the idea.

I decided it was time to try and introduce Dom to some new foods that he could mack on at dinner time. I’ve tried in the past with spaghetti o’s and it didn’t go so well. Next up was meatloaf. He put it in his mouth and spit it out. Hmm. Ok. This was going to be harder than I thought.

While I was working out with Lanie on Wednesday night, I get a text from Rob. It was a photo of Dom eating a plate of his Dad’s spaghetti. Wow! Finally, something other than turkey dogs and mac n cheese. I was doubly surprised because I had fed him dinner before I left. Seems like we may have another one to add to the list!

I think I will give cheese quesadillas a try next. Or maybe I should have Rob give it to him since that worked last time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment