
Success! After being restless last night, Dominic finally settled down around 10:30pm and slept through the night! Yahoo! He woke up at 6:00am and I brought him into our bed to snuggle, because there's nothing better then that. Oh wait, yes there is....he went back to sleep for another 2 hours! That's what I like to call a great night. I hope we can have a repeat performance tonight. So far, so good. He went to bed at 8pm, cried for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep. It's almost 10pm now and not a peep. Come on baby, you can do it!

He's growing up so fast. I had been a little worried about his eating because when it was meal time, he wouldn't eat a whole lot. A couple bites of baby food, some "lil crunchies" snacks, maybe a few bits of apple. But over the past couple of days he is doing so much better. He eats a whole jar of baby food, a good helping of apples, some Jello pudding. It's so cute to see him mash his food up with this two front teeth!

It was so nice out today, so we went down to Shiffer Park to have some fun. He absolutely loves the swings. Every time I'd push him, he'd break out into the giggles with his little toothy grin on display. We went on the slide and cruised about the climbing stuff. I think once he starts walking, he's going to love going to the park. Rob and I are keeping an eye out on Craigslist for a little jungle gym to in the backyard for him. We now have the space and it would be awesome for Dominic to be able to play out there. Plus, his cousins would have a blast when they came over too.

Tomorrow is Cub's first day of daycare. I'm really excited for him because I think he's going to love playing with the other kids and checking out all new toys. I have a strong feeling he will jump right in and not cry when I leave, and I'm hoping that's true. I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit nervous about leaving him with, well, strangers. I mean, the ladies there are great, and have been doing this for over 30 years, so I know he's in good hands. But at the end of the day, they are strangers. Kind of nerve racking, but that's just the Mom in me. People do this every day, and I just need to trust in our choice of daycare and roll with the punches. All in all, I'm excited for him and can't wait to see how it goes.
Dom is so cute! i love watching him grow!
ReplyDeletea woman names marcia watches maeve a couple days a week while i work and it is hard to leave her, but i take comfort in the fact that she loves going and immediately reaches for marcia when we arrive.
good luck!